Get the Flash Player to see this player.
Francois Besson passes away
EJU - The EJU is sad to announce the passing away of Francois Besson. Besson passed away this morning at the age of 63. The European Judo Union, on behalf of the Judo Family, offers its sympathy to his family. The French Judo Federation announces: “The family of judo upset ensures its sympathy his wife Isabella, his son Alexander, his family and loved ones.”
Francois Besson had many functions and honours:
- 7th dan
- Chevalier of the Legion of Honour and National Order of Merit
- Grand Cross of Merit of Black Belts
- Member of the Team of France 1960-1970
- President of the Association of International players of the French sport
- Head Sports Director for the EJU and the IJF
- Member of Executive Committee of the IJF
- Sports Director
- Technical Advisor to Jean-François Lamour, Minister of Sports
- Technical Advisor Departmental Val d'Oise and the Ile de France
- National Technical Director Assistant
Besson was multiple French Champion and won many medals at European Championships as a member of the French team. He won medals at the world’s major events in the heavy weight category like the Tournoi de Paris and participated at World Championships.
Besson always represented the IJF at the major tournaments, international meetings and international exhibitions. Besson was judo.